Decorating DIY Rental Properties theDuplex

    Upper Duplex Unit Reveal!

    March 15, 2018

    Upper Duplex Unit Reveal!

    We officially wrapped up the upper duplex unit AND got it rented! Our new tenants, who are wonderful by the way, move in in 2 days.

    Just to recap, since we bought this duplex right before our wedding and honeymoon, this became a long and drawn out project. I guess you could say we were a little distracted preparing for our destination wedding and packing for a New Zealand adventure honeymoon. We didn’t accomplish a ton that month, but luckily we returned from our honeymoon rested and ready to work. (UGH, take me back!!)

    While we went away to get married, we had electricians and dry-wallers working away. As soon as we returned we got back to work tiling, refinishing the floors, hanging cabinets, and painting……oh so much painting.

    We wrapped up all the projects and had a professional cleaning crew come through the unit. Then I decided to make a big mess again by doing some minor staging of the unit (Roscoe helped.) One perk of having pups is they come over to all our reno projects and keep us company. One downfall is… hair everywhere. I used my new Dirt Devil to clean up after Roscoe and me.

    The detachable wand is EVERYTHING by the way. I was able to get all the spider webs and dog hair out of the beautiful sunroom windows.

    Here are some photos of the finished product. Can’t wait to start on the lower unit in a few days!


  • Uncategorized

    2017 in Review

    This has been a crazy year! One year ago today we were just moving out of cabin #2 to renovate the lower half of a duplex that we owned and waiting to hear back on…

    January 4, 2018
  • Cabin #2 (still unnamed)

    Cabin 2 is LISTED!

    AHHH finally finally the second cabin is basically finished and listed on VRBO and AirBNB! Here is a recap of what we did: removed carpet and installed hardwood floors on main level and upstairs…

    March 9, 2017
  • Decorating

    Helping my uncle with his condo

    This week we flew out to Carlsbad to plan our wedding (happening this October in Carlsbad) and to help my uncle with his condo renovation and pick out furniture for him. My mom and…

    February 13, 2017
  • NewBrightonHouse

    New Brighton Foreclosure – BEFORE

    A lot has happened in the last couple months. We finished the lower duplex unit and are about done with cabin #2. We recently closed on a foreclosure in New Brighton that we are fixing…

    February 1, 2017